The health and safety of our visitors remain a top priority in the Out Islands. Member hotels, resorts, and lodges displaying the “Clean & Pristine” badge have undergone strict certification and inspection by The Bahamas’ Clean & Pristine Certification Agency. “Clean & Pristine” is your assurance that these hotels are adhering to The Bahamas’ government-approved guidelines, which reflect the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
- Appointment of a “Clean & Pristine” Manager or a designate responsible for oversight of the hotel’s health and safety program.
- Ensuring that staff members have access to operational health and safety procedures in place at the hotel that meet or exceed the Bahamas Government approved Health and Safety Protocols.
- Ensuring guests’ health and safety procedures are in place that meet or exceed Bahamas Government-approved health and safety protocols.
- Ensuring guests and staff procedures are in place to detect and respond to health and safety issues arising that may or may not be COVID-19 related, which meet or exceed Bahamas Government-approved health and safety guidelines.
- Ensuring staff who are under an active Stay-Home/Shelter-in-Place Notice or Quarantine Order are not at the hotel.
- Ensuring staff members have not visited restricted countries where COVID-19 related border restrictions are in place, in keeping with government-issued orders.
- Maintaining documents and records of all preventive measures.
- Putting measures in place to adequately train employees, on an ongoing basis, regarding health and safety practices.
- Ensuring that record-keeping, staff schedules, compliance checklists, and reporting procedures are in place to facilitate and support inspection requirements, and in order to assist with any requirement for contact tracing.
- Ensuring processes are in place to incorporate and inform guests and visitors of Bahamas Government-issued Emergency Orders which may affect hotel operations, employees, and guests accessing or staying at the facility respectively.
- Prominently placed signage throughout the hotel – guest-facing and back-of-the-house areas – that speaks to the health, hygiene, and physical distancing protocols as outlined by The Bahamas Ministry of Health.
- Access to a healthcare provider, either on-site or from a local healthcare center, private or public.
Adequate signage outlining policies will be clearly displayed at all locations and will guide you through your stay.
All certified properties will be marked with the “Clean & Pristine” insignia and will undergo regular review to ensure standards are being upheld.
Once on-island, travelers should follow The Bahamas’ “Healthy Traveler Campaign” that encourages both visitors and residents to continue practicing social distancing measures (3 – 6 ft.), regularly wash hands or use hand sanitizers, and pack and wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) such as face masks.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting The Out Islands Of The Bahamas you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
For more information on the Clean & Pristine Certification Program, view The Bahamas Tourism Readiness & Recovery Plan.