If you have any questions about your personal information, e-mail us at email@example.com, or write to us at 16 Market Street North, P.O. Box CB-10965, Nassau, NP, Bahamas.
The Bahama Out Islands Promotion Board is registered/licensed with the Government of The Bahamas Ministry of Finance’ Department of Inland Revenue.
2. WHO WE ARE
The Bahama Out Islands Promotion Board (“us,” “we,” “our”) refers to the Bahama Family Island Promotion Board. The “Website” means the Bahama Out Islands Promotion Board’s website (including without limitation www.MyOutIslands.com and any successor URLs, mobile or localized versions and related domains and subdomains), and the “Services” include without limitation the Bahama Out Islands Promotion Board’s widgets, applications and services (including events and content), in each case in whatever format they may be offered now or in the future. The Website and Services are collectively referred to herein as the “Offerings”.
Purpose of this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how the Bahama Out Islands Promotion Board collects and processes your personal data through your use of the Offerings, including any data you may provide through the Website or in person. The Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements our other notices and is not intended to override them.
The Website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our Website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
3. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as noted below:
A. Information related to your interaction with the Bahama Out Islands Promotion Board and the Offerings.
- Registration and contact information. We collect information about you when you i) register to use the services and ii) otherwise provide contact information to us via e-mail, mail or though our Offerings. This information you provide may include without limitation your username, first and last name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number.
- Third party platforms. We may collect information when you interact with our advertisement and other content on third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites. This may include information gathered from social networking profiles (based outside the EU) or the fact that you viewed or interacted with our content.
- Marketing and Communications information. We collect your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
B. Customer Data
You may submit various types of information and data into the Services for hosting and processing purposes (“Customer Data”). Customer Data may include without limitation:
- Personal information such as names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers of our end user customers, potential customers and other users of and visitors to our website (“People”), which information may be input into the Services; and
- Information contained in communications between us and People using the messaging features of the Services.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data, but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our Services). In this case, we may have to cancel the Service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
4. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our Website collects two kinds of information:
- Information that personally identifies you (such as your name, e-mail address and mailing address); and
- Information that does not personally identify you (such as the number of users who log on to our Website on a daily basis). As a general policy, no personally identifiable information is automatically collected from your visit to our Website. However, in certain circumstances, you may be asked to provide us with some specific information about yourself in order to use certain features on the Website or to take advantage of certain opportunities that we may offer through the Website. For example:
- Newsletters: If you wish to receive our online newsletter, you will be asked to provide your e-mail address. This information will be used to subscribe you to the newsletter you requested.
- Promotions, Sweepstakes and Contests: This website may, from time to time, offer special promotions, sweepstakes and/or contests. If you choose to participate, you will be required to provide your name, address, e-mail address, and/or date of birth, as well as other information about you that is relevant to the specific promotion, sweepstakes or contest. Such information will be used to select the winners, to notify you if you win one of the sweepstakes and/or contests, and otherwise in connection with the administration of the promotion, sweepstakes or contest. We also reserve the right to share this information with any of the promotion, sweepstakes or contest sponsors or partners and use the information for any other purpose disclosed to you in the applicable terms and conditions.
- Message Boards/Chat Rooms: You will be required to register with us in order to participate in any message/bulletin boards/chat rooms that we may offer in future on the Website. The personally identifiable information that we require during registration may include your name, e-mail address, and other information about you. This information will be used to protect the security and integrity of the Website. It may also be used to provide you with the information or materials that you requested on the registration page. Please be advised that if you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information on our message/bulletin boards/chat rooms, such information can also be collected and used by others and could result in unsolicited messages from other businesses.
Please note that any information you submit on the Website will be used to carry out your requests and respond to your inquiries in accordance with the terms set forth herein, and as otherwise disclosed at i) the point where such information is collected or ii) in any additional terms and conditions applicable to the particular feature of the Website. Please also note that in order to carry out your requests and respond to your inquiries, we may share your personally identifiable information with third parties that perform functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our partners), such as companies or individuals that deliver merchandise, participate in our promotions, administer our promotions, provide marketing or promotional assistance, analyze data or provide customer service (but such information will be shared only to the extent they need such information to perform their functions). Your personally identifiable information may also be used by us or shared with our subsidiaries, affiliates, sponsors, partners, advertisers or other third parties to provide you with product information and promotional and other offers. You may always direct us (by contacting us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org) not to share your personally identifiable information with these parties or not to use your personally identifiable information to provide you with such information or offers. You have the right to access your personal information, to have it corrected and the right to recourse at any time if you believe your data protection rights have been breached. Except as provided herein, your personally identifiable information will not be provided to any third parties without prior approval from you. We will put in place measures to guarantee that your data is kept up-to-date and processed securely.
From time to time, we may collect non-personally identifiable information from you through the standard operation of our servers. Such information can include the type of browser being used, the operating system you are using, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and the number of users that visit a specific page on our website and the character and duration of such visits. This information may be used to help analyze site traffic and improve our services. We may also aggregate such information to create statistical data and share it with potential advertisers, partners, affiliates and other third parties. At no point, however, will the aggregated information personally identify you. We do not keep your personal information for longer than necessary to execute the specific task for which it was collected. However, we may keep your information for a longer period for historical, statistical or scientific purposes with the appropriate safeguards in place.
- Surveys: From time to time, we may conduct surveys on the Website. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain demographic information (such as your sex, date of birth and zip code). We may use the information that you submit, including your responses to the survey questionnaires, for the purpose(s) identified to you prior to your participation in the survey. In some cases, we may publish the results of the survey, but only as aggregate information. As we may be conducting certain surveys with our advertisers, sponsors or other third parties, we may also share the results of such surveys with such third parties, but in no event will the results personally identify you.
- Social Media: We use social media to present our work through widely used and contemporary channels. For instance, you can watch videos, which we upload to our YouTube page and follow links from our website to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.
Cookies are not set by our display of social media buttons to connect to those services when our website pages are loaded on your computer (or other devices) or from components from those services embedded in our web pages.
Each social media channel has their own policy on the way they process your personal data when you access their sites. For example, if you choose to watch one of our videos on YouTube, you will be asked for explicit consent to accept YouTube cookies; if you look at our Twitter activity on Twitter, you will be asked for explicit consent to accept Twitter cookies; the same applies for Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.
If you have any concerns or questions about their use of your personal data, you should read their privacy policies carefully before using them.
Opt-out Options for Marketing & Promotional Communication
You can choose not to receive any e-mail, newsletter or other communication from us by i) following the removal instructions in the communication that you receive; or ii) e-mailing us at email@example.com. If you choose to e-mail us, please be sure to attach a copy of the unwanted communication.
5. SHARING THE INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We do not sell, trade, share or transfer your personal information to third parties except in the following limited circumstances:
- We may share your personal information with third-party service providers to permit such parties to provide services that help us with our business activities, which may include assisting us with marketing, advertising our product/service offerings, or providing, maintaining and improving the features and functionality of the Offerings, among other things. For example, we may provide personal information to our service providers for promotional e-mails or newsletters;
- We may share your personal information when we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, ii) enforce a Customer Agreement, including investigation of potential violations thereof, or iii) protect against imminent harm to our rights, property or safety, or that of our users or the public as required or permitted by law;
- We may share your personal information with third parties (including our service providers and government entities) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security or technical issues;
- We may share your personal information with our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, for example when running a cross-promotion;
- We may share and/or transfer your personal information if we become involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets;
- We may share information with third-party analytics services to help understand your usage of our services; and
- We may share your personal information to a third party if we have your consent to do so.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties for other purposes. Such information does not identify you individually but may include usage, viewing and technical information such as the types of Offering our customers and users generally use, the configuration of their computers, and performance metrics related to the use of Offerings which we collect throughout our technology. If we require under applicable law to treat such information as personal information, then we will only disclose it as described above. Otherwise we may disclose such information for any reason.
6. INFORMATION RETENTION
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Active clients’ data is retained indefinitely.
7. OTHER ACCESS TO DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
8. YOUR CONTROL AND CHOICES
- Communication preferences. If you no longer wish to receive our e-mails, newsletters and the promotional communications described in Section 5, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included on such communications or on the Offerings. Please note, however, that you may be unable to opt-out of certain service-related communications.
- Blocking cookies. You can remove or block certain cookies using the settings in your browser but the offerings may cease to function properly if you do so.
- How we respond to do not track signals. Your web browser may have a “do not track” setting which, when enabled, causes your browser to send a do not track HTTP header file or “signal” to each site you visit. At present, the Offering do not respond to this type of signal.
9. ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you use the Offerings, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information upon your request and either provide you the means to correct this information if it is inaccurate or to delete such information at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. You may access, review, correct, update, change or delete your information at any time. To do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort (for instance, requests concerning information residing in backup archives), jeopardize the privacy of others, would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
11. CHILDREN UNDER AGE 13
The Website is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age, and would only correspond if a child under the age of 13 submits a question to us on the Offerings and identifies his or her age. In this case, we may use the child’s e-mail address for the sole purpose of responding to the child’s question on a one-time-only basis. However, we will not use the child’s e-mail address to re-contact the child and we will delete it from our records once we have responded. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
12. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS AND DISCLOSURES
If you are a California resident and we disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes, California’s Shine the Light Law (CA Civil Code Section 1798.83) allows you to request certain information from us about such disclosures. To make a request under the Shine the Light Law, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that under California law, businesses are not required to respond to such requests more than once during any calendar year.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain a variety of appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect your personal information. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. Further, we have implemented reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect personal information about you. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information.
If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our Offerings that materially affects you or your personal data, we will notify you as soon as possible (within 72 hours of discovery) and follow up with a notice of any action(s) taken in response.
14. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF DATA AND TRANSFER OF ASSETS
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity either i) acquires us; or ii) acquire all, or substantially all of our assets, personally identifiable information, non-personally identifiable information, and any other information that we have collected about the users of the Website, these assets will be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
Cookies in use on www.MyOutIslands.com
These cookies are essential to the functionality of the Website and cannot be disabled.
These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of the Website, but are non-essential to its use. Without these cookies, some features of the Website may become unavailable.
Tracking/Analytics and Customization Cookies
These cookies collect information about visits and traffic sources that are used to help us understand how the Website is performing and being utilized by visitors. These cookies may also apply customizations in order to enhance your experience.
Advertising (Targeting) Cookies
These cookies are set by our advertising partners. They insure that advertising messages are more likely to be relevant to you and your interests by uniquely identifying your browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will not experience our targeted advertising across different websites.
Social Media Cookies
We use social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest to strengthen our online presence and visibility.
- You can watch videos, which we upload (embed) to our YouTube page. You can also follow links from our website to social media platforms.
- In order to watch a video on the Website, a message may alert you that you need to accept YouTube cookies to do so. YouTube has its own cookie and privacy policies over which we have no control. There is no installation of cookies from YouTube until you consent to YouTube cookies.
This site has activated IP anonymization, which means Google will truncate/anonymize the last octet of a visitor’s IP address. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to and shortened by Google servers in the USA.
On behalf of the Bahama Out Islands Promotion Board, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators, and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website provider. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web. (Web servers, the big computers that "serve up" Web pages, automatically identify your computer by its IP address.) We collect IP addresses for purposes of system administration, to report aggregate information to our sponsors and advertisers, and to track the use of the Website. When visitors request pages from the Website, our servers log the visitors’ IP addresses. It is not our practice to link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, which means that a visitor’s session will be logged, but the visitor remains anonymous to us. However, we reserve the right to use IP addresses to identify a visitor only when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with the Website policies or to protect our Service or customers.
You can have the option of deciding whether or not to accept a cookie by resetting your browser to notify you whenever a cookie is being sent to your hard drive. You may also delete a cookie manually from your hard drive. Please note, however, that some parts of the Website will not function properly or will be considerably slower if you refuse to accept a cookie or choose to disable your cookies settings.
By default, the browsing experience of website visitors is tracked by Google Analytics in order to produce anonymized statistics.
You can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “gat._anonymizeIp();” to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
Do Not Track Preferences
Do not track is a function that allows visitors to opt out from being tracked by websites for any purpose including the use of analytics services, advertising networks and social platforms. Do not track options are available in a number of browsers including:
If you enable do not track in your web browser, Google Analytics will respect your choice, and you will not be tracked. This is in addition to you opting-out of the aggregation and analysis of data for our website statistics.
If you have disabled all cookies from your browser, we will still collect some general data about your browsing (e.g. a record of a visitor to our website) but they will be less accurate and your visit will not be tracked.